Prior to construction various surveys are conducted to determine the corrosion risks to a buried structure in a specific environment and to design any CP or ACM systems. We own equipment to perform all of the commonly performed surveys and ACE Technicians are proficient in the following:
- Soil resistivity surveys
- Soil corrosivity surveys (pH, SRB, soil-type analysis, etc.)
- Stray current surveys and Interference Testing (DC and AC)
- Current Drainage surveys
- Groundbed Surveys
- Coating defect surveys (DCVG, CIPS, PCM, etc.)
- Coating resistance surveys
ACE employs a number of full-time technicians with many years experience in the local Cathodic Protection Industry.
Our inventory of specialist equipment includes the following:
- Soil Resistivity Meggers
- MicroEye Voltage Data Loggers*
- PIM Direct Current Voltage Gradient (DCVG) Sets
- Radiodetection Pipeline Current Mapping (PCM) Sets
- Garmin Sub-metre Accurate GPS Receivers
- Synchronised Current Interrupters
- Portable DC Power supplies
- Soil Boxes, Reference Electrodes, Meters,etc.
* MicroEye Voltage Data Loggers are ACE’s proprietary high-accuracy digital data loggers which interface with our in-house developed data analysis and management software.
ACE has performed many pre-construction and maintenance surveys for gas, fuel and water pipelines for clients including Sasol Gas, PetroSA and DWA&F amongst others. Our Management has extensive experience in data collation and management as well as the logistics of data gathering on cross-country pipeline routes.